Saturday, April 7, 2012

Countdown to Expedition Everest 2012

Only 27 days to go until I leave for the 2012 Expedition Everest Challenge weekend at Walt Disney World! I'm interested to see how they've changed it for this year...from what I've read, it seems like there will be clues along the 5K course to help us after the 5K portion is completed and we start picking up our clue cards in the park. I don't know if I'll like that or not...though it might make it easier for me to add more run segments in since I'm guessing when we come up to a clue area I'll be pausing to read the information so will have short rest breaks.

When I look at the map on runDisney's website, it looks like last year with clue cards being available in the same places (Oasis, Camp Minnie-Mickey, Africa and Asia) and the scavenger hunt finish near Expedition Everest. So I guess the info along the 5K course will help us solve those clue cards as opposed to last year just getting the cards and having to figure them out ourselves. Since my only goal this year is to finish faster than last year, hopefully these clues for the actual clue cards will make the scavenger hunt portion go much faster. If you've read my blog entry from last year's event, you know I lost quite a bit of time at the beginning of the scavenger hunt since I couldn't figure out where to turn in my first clue.

4 weeks of training to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment