Tuesday, April 9, 2013

ONLY the Marathon


I already knew I’d be doing the full marathon at Walt Disney World for January 2014.  Once they made the announcement about adding a 10K and Dopey (doing the 5K, 10K, Half Marathon and full Marathon), I was also thinking I would add on the 10K since it’s on Friday and the Marathon isn’t until Sunday...what’s another 6.2 miles, right?  Well, now I can rest easy knowing I’ve saved $100...the 10K has already sold out.  And that leads me to the title of my post...I’m ONLY doing the Marathon.  Betcha never thought you’d hear that phrase coming from me, huh?  That’s right, I’ll JUST be doing 26.2 miles for the weekend.  Ha!

Well, I’ll be getting 26.2 miles of fun on the same course from the 20th anniversary year.    Apparently there will be a new marathon medal for 2014 so at least I’ll get one different from the one I got back in 2011.  I’m planning on volunteering again, probably one or two shifts at the expo as well as the 5K and 10K.  I’m planning on cheering for the half again as well...need to be there on Main Street with my glittery ROTE sign!

Should be another fantastic trip...who’s coming along with me?

Oh, and don’t forget, if you’re headed to Marathon Weekend too, I can help you book your trip...just drop me line ;-)

Here's some memories from 2011:

6 comments:

  1. LOL, only at Disney would someone say "only a marathon". Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, us Disney runners are kinda crazy like that ;-)

      Delete
  2. I just noticed myself using the phrase "only 10 miles" and was absolutely shocked.
    Funny how our perception changes with time.
    I had also thought about doing the 10k but it sold out before i could decide. better that way, i guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little bummed about it selling out before I could decide, but with as quick as it did sell out, we'll probably see it back again next year. But then again I may decide to go Goofy next year...maybe..yeah, we're nuts alright...

      Delete
  3. ONLY the half, ONLY the full, ONLY the Goofy... hear these a lot. Crazy indeed. DisneyGroom will be Dopey next Jan. I'm going to scale back, and will ONLY be doing the new 10K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish the 10K didn't sell out so fast. I'm sure I would have decided to do it, but even so I wouldn't have been able to sign up for a month or two and of course, it being sold out and all, it wouldn't have mattered by then. I plan on volunteering for it instead though :-)

      Delete