Monday, April 28, 2014

Book review: Double Full by Kindle Alexander

Double Full (Nice Guys, #1)Double Full by Kindle Alexander

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This was the first M/M book I've ever read. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I had heard wonderful things about this author so I decided to give this one a try. I have to say, this book was amazing. The story has such depth and you come to truly care for the characters of Jace and Colt. There is nothing cliche about either of them, and they are written so well that you find yourself rooting them on toward a HEA.

This book is first and foremost a love story, made more complicated by the fact that it is not only M/M, but also in a sports setting which makes their relationship all the more tricky to deal with. The author handles all of these facets with ease, giving us a poignant tale that totally draws you in and keeps you glued to the page. I truly had a hard time putting this down, staying up until the wee hours of the morning reading.

In this story you get extremely hot and steamy-and a ton of it. But the scenes are not gratuitous, they actually demonstrate the closeness of the two main characters...but the scenes are strictly 18+ and are not for anyone who is not completely comfortable with reading sexual scenes of this nature. For my first time reading a M/M erotic romance, I thought the scenes were appropriate and not overdone.

At the end you get the tease of another book in the series, which I've already added to my TBR along with the rest of Kindle Alexander's books (more Jace and Colt? Maybe Mitch? Either or both would be great!). The author's writing is fantastic-and worth giving a shot even if you are unsure about trying M/M. A 5 star definite recommend from me, and one I'll surely re-read in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment