Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Book Review: How to Date a Nerd (How-to #1) by Cassie Mae

How to Date a Nerd (How To, #1)How to Date a Nerd by Cassie Mae

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the second book I've read by Cassie Mae, and I have to say she really knows how to write the sweet YA romance. She captures the teen characters perfectly, writing them so every reader can relate to at least one of those characters based on their own past time in high school. The writing is smooth, flowing nicely throughout making this a very easy read.

Zoe's character can frustrate you a little with the way she keeps flip-flopping back and forth with her internal debate regarding Zak, but it is satisfying to see her realize the author's overall message in this story is-to not try to be someone you are not...always be yourself to be truly happy. Zoe really struggles with this all the way through the book, while Zak is comfortable enough with being himself. And honestly, if it were me-well I'd have chosen Zak from the very beginning as he is sweet and caring as well as a dedicated friend.

If you're looking for a sweet, fun, lighthearted read then this book will certainly fit the bill. I highly recommend this book and author...and don't be surprised to find that you too may be a closet nerd :-)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment